Montenegro Civil Aviation Agency receive so many questions about drone import and regulatory requirements regarding drone operations in Montenegro.
Here is what you should know, if you are coming from abroad with drone.
1. Prior to your visit, you should contact the Ministry of Economic Development regarding importing drone in Montenegro.
2. If your unmanned aircraft can develop kinetic energy above 79 J, or have an operational mass above 0,5 kg, or have an operational mass less than 0,5 kg, but their maximum speed is over 20 m/s and it can develop range more than 15 m and maximum height more than 10 m, you will have to register it.
3. In order to be registered as unmanned aircraft operator, you can find the Declaration in accordance with Ordinance for Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) at the weblink
https://www.caa.me/en/flight-operations-unmanned-aircraft. Fill in the form and send it to us via e-mail: [email protected]. The registration is simple and free of charge.
4. In case you plan to fly in narrow urban zones, inhabited areas, at the distances smaller than allowed in the vicinity of people, facilities, vehicles, vessels… you need the approval of the Civil Aviation Agency for those operations.
For any additional information, contact Montenegro Civil Aviation Agency.
Join the discussion
The thing is, that you FIRST need the PERMISSION of the ministry to import the drone to Montenegro. This can only be done physically in Montenegro and in montenegrin language. Or you give somebody power of attorney. All the procedure takes around 30 days. For more information just contact me. We helped much pilots in the last months.
All information as well as instructions regarding application for obtaining a permit for importing drones into Montenegro are available on-line http:// http://www.mek.gov.me/biblioteka/obrasci.
The deadline for resolving the request is up to 30 days from the date of submission of the request to the Ministry of Economy.
– The request must be precisely filled, such as: the tariff number of the goods etc.
– Additionally to the application you should provide all the necessary documentation, including proof of payment of the state tax.
– The statement must be certified by NOTAR!
– The document must be submitted in two copies to the archives of the Ministry!
– The application must be submitted personally or through Authorized person in the Montenegrin language (the person who can submit a request and later take over the license may be either authorized or personally get it with the relevant document.)
It’s up to you to find the best and the easiest way to deliver documents, in accordance with our instructions the you’ve already received.
We look forward to your arrival.
Therefore, there is no possibility of receiving permission or send a request via email.
You can send a complete request, duly filled in, by regular post office to the Ministry’s address.
Ministarstvo ekonomije Rimski Trg 45